Frequently Asked Questions
We are specialists in the field of dermatology. We perform a wide range of cosmetic procedures including but not limited to microblading, microdermabrasion, lip blush tattoos, and more. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive:
If you have had your eyebrows, eyeliner or lips done in the past, please contact us to set up a consultation. We want to see you in person and see if we can work with the existing pigment. Please don’t forget your face is our business card, if we can not make the brows to our liking, we will not perform the procedure and will refer you out for laser removal.
Unfortunately, you are not a candidate for permanent cosmetics if any of the following apply to you:
– Under 18 years of age
– Pregnant or nursing (we recommend waiting three months after nursing due to hormonal changes for optimal healed results)
– Previous permanent makeup (brows, lips, eyeliner) By Approval Only
– History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
– History of Epilepsy, MRSA, or Lupus
– Undergoing chemotherapy/radiation (at least a year out and requires doctor’s clearance)
– Non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors, Letrozole etc. (chemotherapy)
– Type I Diabetic (requires doctor’s clearance)
– Using Accutane (must be off for one full year)
– Organ transplant
– Pacemaker or major heart problems
– Uncontrolled high blood pressure
– Currently taking oral or topical antibiotics (must be off for at least 30 days prior to appointment)
– Currently taking/using topical or oral steroids, prednisone etc. (must be off for at least 60 days prior to appointment)
– Viral infections or diseases (cold/flu/eye infections)
– Those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
– Hemophilia, bleeding disorders
– Problematic Skin (Acne or bumps covering the Forehead or Brow Area)
– Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
– Chemical peels or PRP facial (at least 60 days prior)
– Facial laser treatment, IPL (at least 60 days prior)
– Had Botox in the last two weeks
– Poor general health
– Allergy to epinephrine, dermacaine, benzyl alcohol, lidocaine, or tetracaine
– Active cold sores (for lip blush)
– Hooded eyelids (for eyeliner)
– Currently have lash extensions (for eyeliner)
– Surgery within 30 days of treatment
– Currently using or have used lash serums in the past 8 weeks (for eyeliner)
– Using any skin care products that contain any retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, or alpha hydroxyls
Prior to booking an appointment, please ensure you have reviewed our process, policies and FAQs on our website to ensure you are a good candidate for the procedure. To book an appointment, please call or email us. If you move forward with booking an appointment and are contraindicated for treatment on the day of your appointment, you will forfeit your deposit. Appointments will not be booked via social media.
Microblading is the artistic technique done using a manual method of permanent makeup that replicates the look of natural hair growth in the eyebrow. Individual hair strokes are placed in the same direction of the existing hair to create a seamless and natural look. The results can last anywhere from 12 months up to 24 months depending on the skin type and lifestyle. A touch up every 18-24 months is recommended. Skin that is firm, normal/dry, with small or invisible pores is ideal for this technique. The Microblading technique is not suitable for very oily, mature, sun damaged or extremely sensitive skin. Eligibility for Microblading is subject to approval by the artist.
A fully shaded technique using a tattoo machine/pen that replicates a makeup look is called Ombre Powder Brows. The intensity of this look can be modified based on the client’s personal preference, ranging from soft and airy to bold and dense. Ombre Powder Brows are best for clients who want a well-defined, filled in brow. It is good for all skin types, especially for clients with oily skin with large pores. A touch up every 24 months is recommended.
Of all eyeliner techniques, this is the most natural and conservative as the color in placed within the lash line, not on top. It is a great place to start if you’re looking for your eyelashes to appear fuller, rather than lined. A yearly touch up is recommended.
Lip blushing is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the beauty of the natural lip color, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness. This treatment delivers very natural results, once healed. Filler may be great for creating volume in your lips, but lip blush delivers a more natural look and give the illusion of fuller lips and a defined vermillion border. Photo approval required prior to booking. A touch up is recommended every 2-3 years.
Microbladed eyebrows typically last one to two years for most people before they need a touch up. Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered permanent and will not wash off — however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 12 months to 18 months. Those who do not follow aftercare instructions properly may require more frequent microblading touch-ups.